Homemade Holi Recipes
DAHI BHALLE- Holi Recipe
[caption id="attachment_349" align="aligncenter" width="160"] Dahi Bhalle[/caption]
Dahi bhalle is the most liked chaat to be served in holi festival in North India. Dahi bhalla is made of fried lentil balls served with yougurt and some chutneys. Here you find the recipe of dahi bhalla.
- 1 cup urad duli dal (split black gram)
- Pinch of hing
- Salt as per taste
- 1 chopped green chilly
- Little chopped ginger
For filling :
- 1 tsp chopped cashew nuts (kaju)
- 1 tsp Raisins(kishmish)
- 1 small tsp grated coconut
- Salt as per taste
For Curd( Dahi):
2 cups thick yogurt
½ cup milk
Pinch of sugar
1 tsp dry roasted jeera powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
Few pomegranate seeds (Optional)
How to make :
- Soak the urd dal for 2 hrs in water and keep aside.
- Then take out remaining water
- Add all the ingredients of the bhalle except oil and grind it into a mixture.
- Mix all the filling ingredients mentioned above .
- Heat Refined oil in the pan for frying.
- Now take a tablespoon of the mixture on your palm and then flatten it out.
- Place some filling in the centre.
- Now with the help of water close the sides of the mixture on the hand.
- Place them in the hot oil and fry them till golden crisp.
- Keep them out for some while till it gets normal.
- Now dip them in some water and allow thwm to soak the water.
- Afterwards,Beat the yogurt and add milk and sugar to it.
- Gently squeeze water from the bhalle and place them in half the beaten yogurt mixture.
- Now put the dahi and bhalla then pour some beaten dahi on them and sprinkle some jeera powder ,black salt powder and some sweet tamarind chutney.
- Garnish the recipe of dahi bhalle with pomegranate and serve immediately .
Bhang Thandai - Holi Drinks
[caption id="attachment_347" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Holi Recipes - Bhang Thandai[/caption]
Bhang thandai is generally preferred during the Holi season But drink it at your own risk.
- 1 1/2 ltr. - Water
- 1 1/2 cups - Sugar (chini)
- 1 cup - Milk
- 1 tbsp - Almonds (badam)
- 1 tbsp - Watermelon/Cantaloupe seeds (dried and skinned) (kharbuje ke beej)
- 1/2 tbsp - Poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 1/2 tbsp - Aniseed
- 1/2 tsp - Cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 1 tsp – full Peppercorns(sabut kali mirch)
- 15 cannabis (bhaang)
- 1/4 cup - Dried or fresh rose petals (gulab ki pati)
How to Make :
- Take a bowl then add 1/2 litre of water and sugar to it. Let it soak for 2 hours.
- Now in a separate bowl soak all the other dry ingredients in 2 cups of water for minimum 2hrs.
- After 2 hours grind these soaked ingredients into a fine paste.
- Mix remaining water to the paste and strain it using a strong muslin strainer to extract the liquid into a vessel until the residue becomes dry.
- Now to this mixture add milk and sugar syrup.
- Add the cardamom powder in the milk.
- Keep it for chilling in the fridge for 2 -3 hours before serving.
- Serve it cold.
- Garnish it with some chopped almonds and rose petals .
Bhang Pakora- Holi Pakwan
[caption id="attachment_344" align="aligncenter" width="160"] Bhang Ke Pakore[/caption]
Bhaang pakore is a dish eaten by the people during the festival of Holi. Here is the recipe for bhang ke pakore.
- 250 gms Besan (gram flour)
- 200 gms Potatoes (aloo)
- 200 gms Cauliflower (gobhi)
- 150 gms Onions (pyaj)
- 100 gms Spinach (palak)
- 200 gms Brinjal (baigan)
- 10 gms Bhang (cannabis) seed powder
- 2 gms Soda-bicarb
- 5 gms Ajwain (carom seeds)
- 5 gms Pomegranate seed powder (anardana)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep-frying
How to make bhaang pakora :
- Wash and cut the vegetables.
- Mix together besan, soda-bicarb and salt together.
- To this mixture add bhang seed powder, ajwain, red chili powder, and
- pomegranate seed powder.
- Now add water to make batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip the vegetable pieces one by one in the batter such that they get completely
- smeared with the batter from all around.
- Then deep fry them on medium fire till golden crisp.
- Bhaang pakoras’ are ready to serve.
MAWA GUJHIYA - Holi Dish
- Refined flour (maida) 2 cups
- Ghee 3 tablespoons + to deep fry
[caption id="attachment_342" align="aligncenter" width="300"] coloured Gujiya[/caption]
- Khoya/mawa,grated and lightly roasted 2 1/2 cups
- Desiccated coconut 3 1/4 teaspoons
- Cashewnuts,chopped as per need
- Almonds,blanched and chopped as per need
- Raisins 20
- Nutmeg powder a pinch
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Powdered sugar 2 1/2 cups
- Chocolate,grated 1/2 cup
How to prepare:
- For preparing the covering, sieve flour and rub in 3 tablespoons of ghee.
- Add cold water and knead into a stiff dough.
- Cover it with a moist cloth and keep aside.
- Place khoya in a bowl and add desiccated coconut, cashewnuts, almonds, raisins, nutmeg powder and green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and grated chocolate and mix properly.
- With oiled hands divide dough into small balls. Grease the gujia mould. Roll out dough balls into small chapaties(puris’), put it on the mould and press lightly.
- Place the stuffing in the hollow portion.
- Apply a little water on the edges, close mould and press firmly.
- Open mould and remove extra dough. Keep guji
- as covered with a damp cloth. Similarly use up all the dough and stuffing. If you do not have a mould, gujias can still be prepared.
- Roll out puris, cut with a katori to get a proper round shape. Place stuffing on one half, lightly dampen edges and fold the other half over the stuffing and press edges firmly using a fork.
- Heat sufficient ghee in a kadai (pan)and deep fry gujias on medium heat till golden brown.
- Serve it as when gujias’ get normal.
there are other options for holi too , like : chips, papad, kachari(Indian style fries made up up of rice flour:P), kanji vada, etc.
we shall soon update it.
You may also checkout our collections of:
- Happy Holi Shayari
- Happy Holi Quotes in English & Hindi
- Holi Messages
- Happy Holi Greetings
- Beautiful Holi Poems
- Funny Holi Jokes
- Holi Songs & Videos
- Holi 2014 Date & Time For Pooja
Hope you like our information regarding Holi recipe's .
Don't forget to share these Holi recipes on Facebook , twitter, Google Plus and other social networks