[caption id="attachment_191" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Holi Festival 2014[/caption]
Note: Holi Calendar given below provides you the the main date of Holi celebrations i.e. Holi Festival 2014 Date, the day we play with colors. Holika Dahan or Choti Hoi is celebrated a day before the main Holi. People set the fire on the logs of wood to symbolize victory of good over evil on the of Holika Dahan and Holi Poojan takes place .
Holi festival 2014 Date and Time for Pooja
Holi Festival 2014
Holi Festival 2013
Wednesday , March 27, 2013
[caption id="attachment_136" align="aligncenter" width="259"] Holi Festival 2013 Date[/caption]
You may also Check :
Holi Festival 2014 - Holika Dahan Date
Holi Pooja Muhurat
Holika Dahan Muhurat = 18.26 to 20.51
Bhadra Punchha = 05:33 to 06:49
Bhadra Mukha = 06:49 to 08:55
Holi Pooja takes place day earlier than Holi Festival . This day is popular with the name Holika Dahan because on this day good attains the victory over bad .Holika Dahan is the major festival takes place at the time of holi which is also considered as the important Holi Pooja . People burns the log of woods on the eve to signifies the victory of Good over bad .
Holika Dahan Process or Holi Pooja Process
Preparations of Holika Dahan starts almost 30 days before the festival . People starts gathering log of woods on the corner of the roads of their societies . Holika Dahan or Holi Pooja takes place on an specific Muhurat decided according to the Hindu mythology in the evening a day before the Holi.
Steps and rituals for the Holi Pooja
- Holi pooja can be performed at any crossroad of the city .
- A Log of wood is kept at the best suited public place on the Vasant Pancahmi day.
- People fill the log centre with twigs , dried leaves , brach of trees and and oter combustible material.
- Finally on the day of Holika Dahan the statue of Holika and Prahlad is places at top of the huge heaps of woods .
- On the eve of Holi , the heap is set on fire and people chant Rakshoghna Mantras of the Rig Veda to let go the evil spirits .
- Left over ashes are collected by the people next morning . These ashes are considered as holy and spatter on the limbs of the body as Holi Prasad.
Hope you find our post useful. Since the Holi Festival in India is on of the Major festival, but people in other parts of the world also celebrates it. You can check following links for the same to enjoy the Holi Festival 2014.
Holi 2014 Phoenix
Holi Festival 2014 Utah
Holi Festival 2014 Los Angeles
Holi Festival 2014 in Escondido, CA
Holi in NYC